Creamy minted pea and yogurt soup
Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, medium dice
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 1/2 cups peas (frozen or fresh)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup Liberté Plain Greek Yogurt 0%
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts *
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté until translucent, around 5 minutes.
- Add the mint and cook a further 3-5 minutes.
- Add the peas, stir and cook another 2 minutes, until peas are well-coated with the onion, oil and mint mixture.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the peas are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Purée the soup using an immersion or regular blender.
- Transfer to a large bowl and allow to come to room temperature or place bowl in the fridge.
- When the mixture is cool, add the yogurt.
- Serve chilled, topped with some of the toasted pine nuts and some more shredded fresh mint.
- * to toast pine nuts, heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the pine nuts. Toast until golden and fragrant.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2012/04/creamy-minted-pea-and-yogurt-soup/