Author: Rossy Earle
Recipe type: Cookies
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 2½ cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 7 oz (200 gr) butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 jar of Cajeta or Dulce de Leche
- Fine shredded coconut
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Sift dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a mixer, whip butter, sugar & yolks until creamy then add vanilla & lemon zest.
- Add to dry mix, crumbling till combined. Make into a ball, refrigerate 30-60 min.
- Roll dough onto floured surface to ½ cm & cut with round cutter. Bake 15-20 min at 350˚F
- Check after 10 min. Bottom should be a light golden colour, top should be pale. Cool on rack.
- Spread flat side of one cookie with dulce de leche, use another cookie to make a sandwich.
- Roll edges on coconut then dust with icing sugar on top.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2011/11/les-petits-chefs-make-alfajores-with-chef-rossy-earle/