Jill Colonna's fig tart recipe
Author: Jill Colonna
Recipe type: dessert
- Round of ready-made puff pastry
- 12-15 purple plump figs (ripe but firm enough to cut neatly)
- 60g ground almonds (almond flour)
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp orange flower water
- On a baking sheet lined with greaseproof baking paper, prick the pastry with a fork and score a border 1cm in from the edge using a knife. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash, dry and cut the figs finely, using a good sharp knife.
- Beat the egg and honey with a whisk in a bowl until light and creamy. Add the ground almonds and orange flower water. Using a spatula, spread the mix on the pastry.
- Place the figs in rounds on the pastry. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2011/09/meeting-jill-colonna-at-un-dimanche-a-paris-and-a-fig-tart-recipe/