Sweet Chili Chicken
Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Main
- 900g chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- approx 800g canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 peppers, sliced in thin strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley, to garnish
- Trim the chicken thighs, leaving some of the fat.
- Cut the chicken into small strips.
- Combine the flour, sugar and chili powder in a large bowl, making sure the chili and sugar are evenly distributed.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, using your hands to coat evenly.
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the pepper strips and sauté gently for a couple of minutes.
- Add the drained tomatoes and stir to combine peppers and tomatoes.
- Cover and lower heat, simmering for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a heavy frypan over a high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and pan fry until golden brown,about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the tomato mixture and stir to combine well. Simmer on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Serve over plain white rice with a garnish of chopped parsley.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2011/10/les-petits-chefs-and-the-ultimate-tomato-cookoff-with-hunts/