Fish tacos, Hotel California style
Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Main
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 300g white fish fillets, finely sliced into strips
- zest and juice of two limes
- 1 orange pepper, finely chopped
- ½ hot pepper (banana or jalapeño), finely chopped
- lemon pepper seasoning
- handful chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch ground black pepper
- To serve:
- small cubes of about 1 avocado
- chopped cilantro
- salsa or hot sauce (optional)
- Heat the oil and when it's hot, saute the garlic for a couple of minutes - don't let it brown.
- Add the fish strips and season with lemon pepper, salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped peppers, cilantro, lime juice and zest to the fish and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 more minutes.
- Serve on warmed corn tortillas with a small amount of rice, avocado cubes and cilantro.
- Spice things up with some hot sauce or salsa if you like!
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2011/09/travel-tuesday-fish-tacos-hotel-california-style/