Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Main
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 onion, finely sliced into rings
- 1 large tomato, finely sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚F
- Roll the thawed pastry into a pie dish (greased if it is not non-stick). The pastry will hang over the edges, that's ok.
- Spread the mustard evenly on the bottom of the pie pastry.
- Lay the onion rings, tomato slices on the mustard.
- Spread the cheese evenly over the tomatoes and onions.
- Pour the egg over the filling and swirl the plate around to make sure it's evenly distributed.
- Fold the edges up over the filling (it will definitely not completely cover the pie, that's ok) and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm as a main dish.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2011/09/canadian-tire-kitchen-crew-mission-2-vegetarian-options-for-thanksgiving/