Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Snack
- 2 small avocados, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes, cubed
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon dried, minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a small bowl combine the tomatoes, shallots, feta and lime zest.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl until just foamy. Mix in the oil. Add flour, baking powder, oregano, cilantro and minced garlic and combine well.
- Cube the avocado and toss with the tomato mixture.
- Add the tomato/avocado mixture to the batter and fold in gently.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, fill greased muffin tins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Serve warm, either as a snack or with a tomato soup.
- Muffins will keep a couple of days in an airtight container - after that the avocado starts to go brown.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2011/05/guacamuffins-and-guacpops-for-cinco-de-mayo/