We’re lucky, living in Toronto, with wine country right on our doorstep. A 90 minute drive from the city, and you are in the heart of the Niagara region, where Neil and I were fortunate enough to find ourselves this past weekend, as guests of Tourism Niagara and Wineries of Niagara on the Lake. […]
You may have noticed, I’ve been writing more about wine lately. Or should I say, my blog has featured more stories about wine. Whilst I enjoy drinking wine (I mean, who doesn’t?), I am not very well educated in the art of wine tasting and wine/ food pairings, but I am really trying to learn. […]
Today I am sharing Neil’s tasting notes on two more winners from Rosewood Estates, one of my generous sponsors for IFBC . For this particular pairing, I cooked (well, Neil did the turkey – it’s his traditional Thanksgiving job) and Neil’s job was to provide two bottles to go with the meal. The weather is […]
A couple of weekends ago, I was given the opportunity to visit a winery that has recently been named Canada’s winery of the year. I joined a group of Toronto-based wine and food writers touring the vineyards and facilities and tasting the wines at Tawse, led by their winemaker Paul Pender and the national sales […]
For this installment of pairing Rosewood Estates wines, we went for the 2008 Natalie’s Süssreserve Riesling. Rated a (2) on the sugar scale, Neil immediately suggested an Asian or Indian dish. We settled on butter chicken, one of our favourites. I wanted to try a new recipe, and Neil wanted a curry of some sort […]
what are you looking for?
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Christina D on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Paula on What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- S on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)