Café Beaubourg, 100 rue St Martin, 75004, Paris. Served with haricots verts. Perfection.
Not macaroons, the coconut flavoured North American imposter with a deceptively similar name. No, macarons. These: The ones above were actually brought back from Laudrée in Paris by a parent at my school who knows and understands about my macaron addiction. This same parent gave me a gift certificate and three sample macarons from Chabichou […]
So, what WAS the mystery meal deal component that saved my breakfast yesterday in Sault Ste Marie? MILK! Who KNEW that Subway offered that as a choice in their meal deals? Anyway, that combined with my penchant for packing snacks (I am my mother’s daughter!) saved my tummy at breakfast. Here it is in all […]
9.30am on a Saturday morning. It’s cool out with the promise of sun later. Neil and I wander around Union Station… We lurk around the station, scoping out the passersby, trying to identify other potential racers. 10.30am. Instructions are being given… Public transport or feet are the only means of transport allowed. No jaywalking (we […]
9.30am Union Station, Toronto. The group arrives. 10.30am Race instructions given. Random guy passes by with a dog and three iguanas. 10.50ish We’re off. Running, like we said we wouldn’t. Checkpoints 1 and 2 completed with ease. Checkpoint 3 – challenging to find, easy to complete. Checkpoint 5. Frustration. Finding Checkpoint 6, fatigue sets in. […]
what are you looking for?
- What’s cooking? Cranberry-coconut chocolate cream cheese truffles
- Food Revolution Ambassador Monthly Challenge for November 2014: Slow cooker curried squash soup and Naan
- French Fridays with Dorie: Storzapretis
- Les Petits Chefs visit Lisa Marie (and a Street Food Diaries giveaway!)
- Mastering the Art of French Eating now in paperback (and a giveaway!)
- Edna on Mastering the Art of French Eating now in paperback (and a giveaway!)
- Edna on What’s cooking? Cranberry-coconut chocolate cream cheese truffles
- Mardi Michels on French Fridays with Dorie: Storzapretis
- Diane Zwang on French Fridays with Dorie: Storzapretis
- Janet on Les Petits Chefs visit Lisa Marie (and a Street Food Diaries giveaway!)