Today’s destination: Adelaide Central MarketToday’s theme: vegetablesToday’s colour: green Garlic shoots. Baby leeks. Baby asparagus. Broccolini. Avocados.
Today’s destination: Adelaide Central MarketToday’s theme: FruitToday’s colour: Yellow Corella pears from the Adelaide Hills. Bananas not grown with pesticides. Lady finger bananas. Various pears. (OK they’re not yellow but aren’t these heirloom tomatoes lovely??)
Aaah – Haigh’s Chocolates. The name evokes thoughts of silky smooth chocolates in the shape of frogs: and chocolate teddies: On a trip to the factory store today, I also spotted these: Haigh’s is truly an Adelaide institution, established in 1915. You can read about their history here. My all-time favourite chocolates from Haigh’s would […]
Mmmmm – Menz Confectionery! The mere mention brings back happy memories of mouths filled with delicious treats from my childhood… Treats such as Apricot Delight: Milk bottles: Witchetie grubs: (ok, confession here, I never ate these “grub shaped white and yellow confection” but couldn’t resist the picture!). Candy bananas: (yes cos they look very natural… […]
Aren’t they lovely??? But what are they?? Why it’s a frog cake, of course – they even have a Wikipedia entry! It’s a basic sponge cake square with a jam layer in the middle coated in thick fondant (brown, pink or green) icing with a round “head” made of sticky sweet cream and slit to […]
what are you looking for?
- Charlie on Not the Daring Bakers: it’s ok to say no
- Mardi Michels on Les Petits Chefs work magic in the kitchen with John Placko
- Food Revolution Day 2015: Fighting for Food Education | Food Bloggers of Canada on Fighting for Food Education: Food Revolution Day 2015
- Pam M on ANZAC biscuits for the Gallipoli centenary
- EmilyC on French Fridays with Dorie: Sardine Escabeche