What would a trip to Laos be without a boat ride on the Mekong? Well we got more than our fair share of the Mekong, since heavy rains washed out part of the road we were supposed to take to Hinboun and we ended up stopping at a random village, wading through what seemed like […]
Ok, I have to admit I am not a big fan of processed rice cakes so when we had the opportunity to see the real thing being made in Laos this summer, we were very excited. I am not sure what happens in the Quaker factory but the ones you buy taste so… well… artificial. […]
When we were in Laos we saw all sorts of interesting snack foods and nothing like what you see people munching on in the street back at home. These intrigued me: They’re actually lotus flower pods and you break them apart to eat the pea/edamame tasting interior beans (seeds?): Lots of snack food is served […]
On Taste as you Go, another Foodbuzz Featured Publisher… Check out my post on a day in Paris here!
Lonely Planet calls it “Authentic flavours in an ambient setting.” I call it one of the more charming addresses on the main drag in Luang Prabang. I started out with my favourite – deep fried river weed: You can read all about the river weed here on Sticky Rice. Basically, even though the weed looks […]
what are you looking for?
- Ann on #52NewFoods: Kumquats
- Mushrooms Canada on Mushroom bourguignon vol au vents
- Mardi Michels on Vegetarian chili with butternut squash and wheat berries
- A Dozen Insanely Delicious Deviled Eggs - Written Reality on Wasabi devilled eggs
- Helen @ Fuss Free Flavours on Vegetarian chili with butternut squash and wheat berries