When we were in Laos we saw all sorts of interesting snack foods and nothing like what you see people munching on in the street back at home. These intrigued me: They’re actually lotus flower pods and you break them apart to eat the pea/edamame tasting interior beans (seeds?): Lots of snack food is served […]
On Taste as you Go, another Foodbuzz Featured Publisher… Check out my post on a day in Paris here!
Lonely Planet calls it “Authentic flavours in an ambient setting.” I call it one of the more charming addresses on the main drag in Luang Prabang. I started out with my favourite – deep fried river weed: You can read all about the river weed here on Sticky Rice. Basically, even though the weed looks […]
Whilst in Luang Prabang, Laos, we decided to go for a “big splurge” dinner at the renowned L’éléphant restaurant. Frommers’ restaurant review says: This stylish bistro is where it’s at for fine dining in Luang Prabang. Run by French expats, it has a laid-back, retro-chic atmosphere inside a high-ceilinged colonial. There are daily and weekly […]
During our trip to Laos, we ate twice at Khop Chai Deu in Vientiane. According to their website, Khop Chai Deu, meaning thank you in Lao, is set in the old French colonial villa that has been renovated and carefully preserved to retain its charm and beauty. It certainly is a beautiful setting – a […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Jill on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Nancy on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Liz on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Tami on Les Petits Chefs check out The Cheese Boutique