Ok, I have to admit I am not a big fan of processed rice cakes so when we had the opportunity to see the real thing being made in Laos this summer, we were very excited. I am not sure what happens in the Quaker factory but the ones you buy taste so… well… artificial. […]
When we were in Laos we saw all sorts of interesting snack foods and nothing like what you see people munching on in the street back at home. These intrigued me: They’re actually lotus flower pods and you break them apart to eat the pea/edamame tasting interior beans (seeds?): Lots of snack food is served […]
On Taste as you Go, another Foodbuzz Featured Publisher… Check out my post on a day in Paris here!
Lonely Planet calls it “Authentic flavours in an ambient setting.” I call it one of the more charming addresses on the main drag in Luang Prabang. I started out with my favourite – deep fried river weed: You can read all about the river weed here on Sticky Rice. Basically, even though the weed looks […]
Whilst in Luang Prabang, Laos, we decided to go for a “big splurge” dinner at the renowned L’éléphant restaurant. Frommers’ restaurant review says: This stylish bistro is where it’s at for fine dining in Luang Prabang. Run by French expats, it has a laid-back, retro-chic atmosphere inside a high-ceilinged colonial. There are daily and weekly […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month