Marcella Hazan. When I was growing up even all the way away in Australia, her name was synonymous with “real’ Italian food. She was the queen of Italian cooking. So you can imagine my delight on discovering her son, Giuliano, himself an accomplished cookbook author (and he also offers cooking classes. In Italy) and his […]
I’m excited to present this Petits Chefs post on behalf of Hunt’s Tomatoes and UrbanMoms.ca. When they approached me to see if I would like to be involved in this campaign, my initial response was “I don’t have children” but then I thought, what better way to prove that dinner doesn’t have to be stressful […]
There is truly nothing more simple than this dish. The only tricky thing is allowing 3 hours for the tomatoes to slow roast in the oven. Which I didn’t. I made Neil photocopy the recipes for the first few weeks of August’s French Fridays with Dorie so we could make them in Alsace (where we […]
This month for Kitchen Bootcamp, Jen challenged us to try something different with sandwiches. It just so happens that I was challenging myself to make a recipe featuring the fabulous Fred’s Bread and trying to recreate a very special dish from way back when I was just discovering my foodie tendencies. Let’s talk for a […]
The September 2010 Daring Cooks’ challenge was hosted by John of Eat4Fun. John chose to challenge The Daring Cooks to learn about food preservation, mainly in the form of canning and freezing. He challenged everyone to make a recipe and preserve it. John’s source for food preservation information was from The National Center for Home […]
what are you looking for?
- Candy (Dulce) on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Cher on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Angel Reyes on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Angel Reyes on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Cakelaw on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote