Another trick we learned in Chef School was how to use our (heart attack inducingly-expensive new knife set). Last year for his birthday, I signed Neil up for George Brown’s Knife Skills course and gave him the knives (because I am so nice!). In Culinary I, one of the first things we learned was how […]
(image – Creative Commons via Cookipedia) The Food.com Kitchen dictionary gives the following definition: Beurre manié (French “kneaded butter”) is a dough, consisting of equal parts of soft butter and flour, used to thicken soups and sauces. By kneading the flour and butter together, the flour particles are coated in butter. When the beurre manié […]
what are you looking for?
- Meatless? A Fresh Look at What You Eat by Sarah Elton
- Giveaway: Win a copy of Meatless? A Fresh Look at What You Eat by Sarah Elton (US/Canada)
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Blueberry-Buttermilk Pie Bars
- Getting away from it all at Viamede Resort
- French Fridays: Lentil salad with goat cheese and walnuts from My Paris Kitchen