This is a sponsored post on behalf of Glad. Writing about food even for a part-time job means that you constantly have all sorts of bits and pieces of ingredients leftover in your fridge and sometimes your freezer. It’s often a challenge to use all the odds and ends before they go bad although lately […]
For my second post in the Canadian Tire Kitchen Crew Missions this Fall, I stuck to a tomato theme. For the first time in years, we have a lot of tomatoes growing in our backyard and I am having to get creative to come up with ways to use them. Let me remind you that […]
As you’re reading this I am back at school for professional development week sitting through the first of many meetings after flying in from Seattle and IFBC on the redeye (ouch!). Never fear, there will be posts about my weekend coming up soon but for now, since it’s back to reality after a long summer […]
Basic Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients: • 3/4 cup clarified butter (warm) • 4 egg yolks • Juice from 1 large lemon • sea salt, to taste Method: Whisk the egg yolks in a stainless steel bowl for a couple of minutes, until the it is light and foamy (note: my yolks were so thick they never […]
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Rose Hibiscus Shortbread Fans
- French Fridays: Merveilleux from My Paris Kitchen
- In the French kitchen with kids: Les Petits Chefs perfect mixed berry galettes!
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Sunday in Paris chocolate cake
- Giveaway: Where to Go When (Canada) (CLOSED)