It’s Fathers’ Day here in Canada today. But not in Australia. Which means that when it IS Fathers’ day in Australia (that would be September), where my Dad lives, I ALWAYS forget. So in an attempt to jump the gun and be proactive, today I am posting a dish just for my dad. My dad […]
People often ask me how I manage to fit in each week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipes. Well here’s my secret – when the Dorie recipes come out each month, I plan my menus for get-togethers with friends well in advance, to make sure I fit the recipes in. So my friends always know that […]
Rice. Such a versatile grain with so many different varieties. Nutrient rich and naturally gluten-free, rice is one of my favourite starches to work with. So naturally I was extremely happy to be invited to participate in the USA (Brown) Rice Blogger Challenge where I received three samples of brown rice with which to create […]
There’s not a whole lot to say about this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe other than that it’s a delightful side dish that I ate on its own for at least one meal this week. Also, that it had totally changed my mind about cooking rice other than in a rice cooker. Yes, this […]
Last week in cooking club, my petits chefs helped me test one more recipe from my generous IFBC sponsor, USA Rice. I had been intrigued by the “Bountiful Brown Rice Muffins” ever since I saw the recipe and since I am always looking for healthy recipes the boys might be able (and want) to make […]
what are you looking for?
- Maria on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Leslie R on Sweet potato, balsamic-caramelized onion and goat cheese galette
- Pam M on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Chocolate Shavings on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Mardi Michels on Tarte flambée, Flammekueche, Flammkuchen