On my way home from Laos, I had a day in Sydney to recuperate and prepare for the final 20 hours in the air. Mum and Dad took me to The Pavilion Restaurant in the Domain for a delightful lunch. We sat outside and it was hot and sunny. Winter in Australia…. Very quiet for […]
Last weekend my mum and dad treated me to dinner at Uncorked, the restaurant upstairs at the Union Hotel in North Sydney (thanks!). A serene, white room above the crazed rugby mob in the lounge downstairs, Uncorked has a short but classy menu (click to enlarge images). Mains: Sides: and desserts: (can you see where […]
Australian Gourmet Traveller has named MoVida “the best Spanish restaurant in the country.” The Age Good Food Guide says: “A true destination restaurant – you may overhear international diners who’ve made it a centrepiece of their visit, or see foodies brandishing copies of the restaurant’s eponymous book for chef Frank Camorra to sign – the […]
A search for a pre-dinner cocktail brought us here: My friend Ann had described this as a quirky little bar on a rooftop with fake lawn. What could be better on a chilly Melbourne night? And promptly headed out to the terrace where we ordered this: Camp Are We (say it fast) punch. But too […]
what are you looking for?
- Mardi Michels on What’s Cooking? Slow-roasted tomato and mozzarella pizza
- Mardi Michels on Why do my macarons have hollow shells? A work in progress.
- Patty on Why do my macarons have hollow shells? A work in progress.
- Helen @ Fuss Free Flavours on What’s Cooking? Slow-roasted tomato and mozzarella pizza
- Alice on French Fridays with Dorie: Next-day Beef Salad