When I knew we were going to be in Dinan over New Year, I immediately started hunting about for places for a “nice meal out”. Our rental house had a great kitchen and we planned on eating in a fair number of nights also, you know, since the food in French supermarkets is amazing, we […]
On any given chilly Tuesday night in the middle of January, you are most likely to find me at home, safely in my PJs after yoga. She who gets up at 5.30am because she is so slow to get going in the morning and she who must be functional in front of her classes before […]
(a guest post written by my intrepid travelling companions this Christmas – Alicia and Neil) T’was the day before Christmas and all through the City, not a creature was stirring… (well except for the mad hordes of shoppers at Les Halles, and a dozen lucky diners). Ah Paris – good food, great wine, romantic settings […]
The date: Sunday, December 19th 1999. The time: Around 10pm. The place: Casablanca, Morocco. My sister and I are arriving after a long day of travel from Singapore for her and a short but crazy day travelling from Paris for me. We’re tired. We’re booked on Explore’s Imperial Cities and Deserts trip over the “millennium […]
It’s beginning to look a lot like… Yup – when the Beer Bistro has their “Christmas Beer” menu out, it REALLY feels like the holidays! I was there on Wednesday for a quick bite to eat with good friends (Hi Lynne!) and was SO excited to see the special beer list. I remember drinking “Bière […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote