This is the fifth in a series chronicling my adventures in the kitchen with my cooking club at school – Les Petits Chefs. We had been using using recipes from the book C is for cooking, which I received for review but this week, since it is this particular group’s last session, I thought I […]
Basic macaron shells (adapted from Tartelette’s recipe) For the shells: 90 gr egg whites (roughly 3 egg whites) (90gr measured after aging) 25 gr to 50 gr granulated sugar 200 gr powdered sugar 110 gr almonds (slivered, blanched, sliced, whatever you like) 1 tablespoon powdered food coloring (optional) (I used liquid since that’s what I […]
Chicken Stock Ingredients: 1 lg. chicken 2-3 lbs. 1 kg. Onions 2 medium roughly diced Leek 1 medium white part only, roughly diced Celery 2 stalks roughly diced Garlic 2 cloves halved Cinnamon 1 stick Or 1 pinch of ground cinnamon White peppercorns 1 tsp. Any type of peppercorn will do Bay leaf 2 Fresh […]
On this day 15 (!) years ago, I arrived in Paris. I didn’t know anyone, I didn’t have a job, a place in the course I was supposed to be enrolled in or a place to stay. That is possibly a story for another post but my point is – WOW – I have been […]
This is the fourth in a series chronicling my adventures in the kitchen with my cooking club at school – Les Petits Chefs – using recipes from the book C is for cooking, which I received for review. This week we made Grover’s Chinese meatballs with sesame rice Ingredients Meatballs (makes 24 small meatballs) 1 […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month