Jamie Oliver’s Pea and Mint Soup Jamie says: A delicious soup which is lovely hot, or cold with a squeeze of lemon juice in the summer. My wife likes hers with a portion of fries on the side, to dip into the soup – naughty but nice! Serves 6-8 2 carrots 2 celery stalks 2 […]
It all began with an email invitation to apply to host an “Easy and Elegant Dinner Party” sponsored by Calphalon and Williams Sonoma and the House Party website. Both Neil and I received an invite, as we are on the Calphalon mailing list and I jumped at the chance because if you were picked, you […]
Whoah! Your response to this month’s Hay Hay it’s Donna Day event was overwhelming! We had participants from all over the world – the United States, Canada, Bulgaria, France, Australia, Germany, Spain, Italy, Norway, The Netherlands and India! Initially I had planned to write a paragraph about each entry but as there are TWENTY ONE […]
Jamie’s Cracking Burgers Ingredients • 12 cream or plain crackers, such as Jacob’s • 8 sprigs of fresh Italian parsley • 2 heaped teaspoons Dijon mustard • 1 pound good-quality ground beef • 1 large egg, preferably free-range or organic • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper • Olive oil • 1 romaine or […]
Basic Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients: • 3/4 cup clarified butter (warm) • 4 egg yolks • Juice from 1 large lemon • sea salt, to taste Method: Whisk the egg yolks in a stainless steel bowl for a couple of minutes, until the it is light and foamy (note: my yolks were so thick they never […]
what are you looking for?
- Graham on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Rice Pudding and Caramel Apples