This week’s French Fridays with Dorie dish – chard stuffed pork roast (pp 276 – 277) – just happened to coincide with the weekend of our final Charcutepalooza meal so really, the last thing I felt like cooking was a pork roast LOL! But being the dutiful Dorista that I am, I ploughed on through […]
It’s taken me until this month’s Charcutepalooza challenge – the penultimate – to figure out what it’s really it’s all about. It’s not about perfection – indeed, a few things didn’t quite go as planned for us this time around – it’s about the journey. Every day at school, I tell the boys that the […]
And so it’s hit me. Nine challenges in, the Charcutefatigue has made an appearance with this month’s challenge – packing. This month, sadly, I just wasn’t in love with my pâté. This month was the month I had the highest hopes for and I figured it was something I couldn’t mess up, so when my […]
Another short and sweet French Fridays with Dorie post this week. I know you’ll be disappointed to hear I did not make this recipe in Paris – but it just worked out that I fit it in my schedule before I left in June. To be honest, I have been so busy this week with […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe – Cola and Jam Spareribs (p 280) – was one I approached with some trepidation. Firstly, the only ribs I *really* like are Dorie’s beef short ribs – pork spareribs are not my favourite – plus, Coke and apricot jam? Supposing that Dorie knows much more what she […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month