Our favourite site of Jars was Site 3, about 10km south of Site 2, again on a hill-top. To get to the site, you have to hike about 1.5kn through rice paddies… Andup a steep hill past some friendly water buffaloes: At the top of the hill you see this: Yes, it was pretty hot […]
After visiting The Plain of Jars Site 1, we headed on over to Site 2. It’s about 25km south of Phonsavan and features about 90 jars spread out across two hillsides. We drove to the base of the hills and walked up the steep (but short) path to reach the site. (yup, those are bullet […]
When Neil read that the Plain of Jars remains one of the most dangerous archaeological sites in the world on Wikipedia, he was thrilled (this is the person who took a vacation in Iraq in the 1990s, you have to understand this..) The Lonely Planet states that: The Plain of Jars is a large area […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: One day in Toulouse in August – ideas for food enthusiasts!
- Back to reality: A fresh lunchbox idea
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos
- French Fridays: Cherry tomato crostini with homemade herbed goat cheese from My Paris Kitchen