A few weeks ago at the Roncesvalles Polish Festival, I ate a pierogi pizza from Pizzeria Defina. It was seriously good and no it didn’t have pierogies on top of it – rather it had bacon, potatoes and some cheese on a lovely thin crust. I’d been thinking about it trying to recreate it since […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was one I couldn’t wait to try. Blueberry Nectarine Pie (p 384) couldn’t have come at a better time – I’m in Paris with access to beautiful fruit and I loved the idea of slightly tart blueberries with juicy sweet nectarines. But in a pie? Hmmm… Now don’t take […]
The savoury pie episode of Recipe to Riches was one I was waiting for this week. Recipe to Riches (“a new competitive reality series where each week, Canadian home cooks battle to have their original recipes become a President’s Choice product, win $25,000 and become eligible for a grand prize of $250,000″) is now in its […]
I’m late making this pie. I know. But I’m hoping it will still bring comfort to Jennie, who lost her husband Mikey to a sudden, massive heart attack nearly two weeks ago. I remember seeing her tweet “He’s gone….” and wondering who she meant, hoping it wasn’t Mikey. Sadly, it was. Just like that. No […]
I was excited to see the recipe for this week’s French Fridays with Dorie was Chicken B’stilla – a dish I enjoyed a few times back in 1999-2000 when I was travelleing in Morocco – when I met Neil. (for the back story on how we met, see this post). Sometimes written “Pastilla” this is […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month