Yes, that’s David Leite up there ^^^ taking a photo of divine Portuguese pastéis de nata (custard tarts) that we discovered when we both joined The Sugar Walk of the Marais, a walking tour developed by one of the talented and knowledgeable La Cuisine Paris pastry chefs, Guillemette. The tour takes place in the trendy Marais […]
I was SO excited to see this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe: Vanilla éclairs (p. 473). I love them but have never made them though I have had some success with the choux pastry before, making gougères and profiteroles, twice. Neil and I had people over for dinner last Friday and totally unintentionally, it […]
Once again, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe required me to face my nemesis – pastry! I did ok in the past with Dorie’s mustard tart and the chicken b’stilla but I still approached this week with a little trepidation. The Orange-Almond Tart reminded me of a fancy French dessert (well, I suppose because […]
The 2010 November Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Simona of briciole. She chose to challenge Daring Bakers to make pasta frolla for a crostata. She used her own experience as a source, as well as information from Pellegrino Artusi’s Science in the Kitchen and the Art of Eating Well. Ahem. I have a confession […]
what are you looking for?
- Cathy on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Mr. Neil on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month