Last week we had a small crew of Petits Chefs due to a change in schedule but we went ahead and made a quick and easy dinner dish that the boys were delighted with – mac and cheese (sneaking in the high fibre with whole grain pasta and cauliflower!). It was a super easy recipe, […]
For this installment of pairing Rosewood Estates wines, we went for the 2008 Natalie’s Süssreserve Riesling. Rated a (2) on the sugar scale, Neil immediately suggested an Asian or Indian dish. We settled on butter chicken, one of our favourites. I wanted to try a new recipe, and Neil wanted a curry of some sort […]
I can’t believe that we’re back in the kitchen science lab again for another round of Les Petits Chefs, my after-school cooking club for 9-11 year old boys. I’m hosting two sessions of 6-8 weeks each this term between now and December so expect lots of great and kid-friendly (but not dumbed down) recipes! This […]
We interrupt this Road Trip to bring you the August Daring Cooks’ Challenge – hosted by LizG of Bits n’ Bites and Anula of Anula’s Kitchen. They chose to challenge Daring Cooks to make pierogies from scratch and an optional challenge to provide one filling that best represents their locale. When I read this challenge, […]
The ever-fabulous Barb of Vino Luci Style (who is also my friend and my web designer!) recently began to highlight recipes from Bon Appétit’s RSVP section. When I saw her gorgeous Blueberry Cornmeal Cake from the May issue, I knew that I wanted to join in the fun too. For those who don’t know, the […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs make chicken and shrimp potstickers with Vanessa Yeung
- Graham on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect