Neil has the pork belly curing!! Here are some pictures and commentary of the process which took place this weekend, Supplies pulled out, ready to go: Close-up of the nutmeg, cross-section as it’s been ground… It’s an interesting spice. I’ve started to find it cropping up in all sorts of places: it’s not just for egg […]
I think Neil is a very happy camper. Found at Chabichou, right here in TorontoGo there now! However, now Neil has this book, I think he can probably practise making his own… n’est-ce pas?
Dear Dad, Since mum’s away this weekend and you’re in charge, I just thought I would remind you that, like the two of you, I like to eat. And just in case you forget, the food is kept in this cupboard: This one… Yup, that’s the right one!
No – it’s a “UFO peach” – also known as a “donut peach”. There arrived a week or so ago and shortly after I took this photo, they disappeared – so I can’t tell you what they taste like Neil…? The photo below (sans sticker) shows a bit more of the donut shape.
Inspired by Mark Bitten’s recent post, I thought I would give you an idea of a typical Neil packed lunch (yes, I am a big suck and pack his lunch). Today is a great day for Neil (I am out tonight at my writing class and so I know his dinner will be slim pickings […]
what are you looking for?
- Jill Colonna on Vegetarian hors d’oeuvres for holiday entertaining
- Diane Zwang on French Fridays with Dorie: Orange and olive salad
- Bourbon Blondies with Pecans and Chocolate - The Messy Baker on Top tips for entertaining from “Gatherings”
- Katie on French Fridays with Dorie: Orange and olive salad
- La Cuisine d'Helene on What’s cooking? Holiday shortbread cookies