Miss Ava Cado, Mexico’s sultry avocado ambassador, loves Cinco de Mayo and wants to get Canadians excited about this fun-filled Mexican holiday. Cinco de Mayo (May 5) is a Mexican holiday that celebrates the Mexican victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla in 1862; It represents Mexican unity and patriotism. Today, Cinco de […]
For this month’s Kitchen Bootcamp, Jen challenged us to work with legumes or grains. I was pleased this challenge did not come earlier in the year because after our trip to Mexico at Christmas, we were a little “beaned out” – having eaten some form of beans with pretty much every meal. They really are […]
Since our Spring here in Toronto has dawned a little rainy and cold (er – do I see snow in the forecast later this week? Noooo!), I though I might brighten up the week with some more images from our Mexico trip this past December/ January. After travelling in Michoacán and seeing the Monarch butterflies, […]
A short (on words) post today to introduce you to the wonders of the Mexican pastelería – specifically, the Pastelería Ideal we found ourselves in on our first afternoon in Mexico. Lured in by fabulous baking smells and a huge crowd of people, we spent quite a while in there, looking, not buying, intrigued by […]
If you’re an ice cream fan, Mexico is a destination you will love, with an icecream store (paletería) on pretty much every corner selling paletas - popsicles made with fresh fruit, sometimes blended with milk or cream (paletas de leche) and sometimes just with sugar (paletas de agua). We noticed that almost every one was […]
what are you looking for?
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Christina D on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Paula on What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- S on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)