View Larger Map Yup, Listowel, Ontario will be supplying us with the pork belly to be cured for the BLT challenge. Can’t wait! Since I am off to Australia later today, Neil will be in charge of this portion (phew! good timing, huh!!?) but will faithfully take photos for the record. And no, Neil, you […]
Ok, so we’ve planted the plants for the BLT challenge. We have even convinced friends to plant the arugula for the “greens”. Neil has ordered the pork belly from our local organic butcher – Rowe Farms. I ordered the curing salts. Today the kosher salts arrived for the curing. Cleo is VERY interested:
Ok, so in prep for the BLT challenge, we’re getting going on the tomatoes and some basil also. Lettuce to follow and the pork belly, well that will be in August when we get back from Laos… Here are the tomato and basil plants: and here’s Cleo, “helping”… Now, I really have to do some […]
Here’s Neil’s homework, in preparation for this summer’s BLT challenge.
“Home made BLT” anyone? Yes, you read that right – “home made”. But how do you “home make” a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich? From scratch, of course! This is the challenge chef Michael Ruhlman has put to his readers this summer on his popular blog ruhlman.com. The basic premises of the challenge are simple: […]
what are you looking for?
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Pork roulade with mangoes (not lychees)
- Tricia on French Fridays with Dorie: Pork roulade with mangoes (not lychees)
- Carlene on Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Limoncello cupcakes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Pork roulade with mangoes (not lychees)
- Nana on French Fridays with Dorie: Pork roulade with mangoes (not lychees)