Ok, so we’ve planted the plants for the BLT challenge. We have even convinced friends to plant the arugula for the “greens”. Neil has ordered the pork belly from our local organic butcher – Rowe Farms. I ordered the curing salts. Today the kosher salts arrived for the curing. Cleo is VERY interested:
Ok, so in prep for the BLT challenge, we’re getting going on the tomatoes and some basil also. Lettuce to follow and the pork belly, well that will be in August when we get back from Laos… Here are the tomato and basil plants: and here’s Cleo, “helping”… Now, I really have to do some […]
Here’s Neil’s homework, in preparation for this summer’s BLT challenge.
“Home made BLT” anyone? Yes, you read that right – “home made”. But how do you “home make” a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich? From scratch, of course! This is the challenge chef Michael Ruhlman has put to his readers this summer on his popular blog ruhlman.com. The basic premises of the challenge are simple: […]
what are you looking for?
- Carol Sacks on Delicious Normandy
- Cher on French Fridays with Dorie: Provençal vegetable soup
- Tami on Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for July 2014: A healthy meal on a budget
- Mr. Neil on Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for July 2014: A healthy meal on a budget
- Mr. Neil on Delicious Normandy