Another post from Mr Neil, Master Butcher: So tonight we decided to cook up some of the thick slices of our good friend George. I must say, they look very nice in the frypan! It ended up being the centrepiece of dinner, they were so thick. (With apologies for the odd-looking dinner…am in “clean out […]
Preparations for the pancetta hanging are well underway back in Toronto. More from Mr Neil, Master Butcher: We did not have a proper wine cellar thermometer before (quelle surprise!). Meaning, one which has min/max memory for temp, but also a hydrometer to measure humidity. Needed to check on cellar conditions for the hanging event mid-week…. […]
Thanks to Cleo’s supervision, the maple smoked bacon got done today: According to Mr Neil Master Butcher, it looks to have “cooked” a bit too much versus “smoked”. The end bits are of course saltier (dry cure on outside), but I tasted a bit and it was certainly glorious. A fork was delivered to our […]
More from Mr Neil Master Butcher who is handling the bacon part of the BLT challenge… Here’s the belly, rinsed and patted dry from the fridge. (Sorry, I could not take picture of the process as my hands were a bit gucky!) Truth be told, I think it may have needed a few more days […]
Today’s destination: Adelaide Central MarketToday’s theme: Meats and smallgoods (sounds so appetising…. not!!) Ok I hear you – what the heck is fritz??? Aaah – fritz – the stuff of my childhood – fritz and sauce (ketchup) sandwiches on thick white bread with butter…. Mmmm. You can read more about fritz here. Below are some […]
what are you looking for?
- sanya on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Mary Hirsch on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Christy @ Confessions of a Culinary Diva on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Cakelaw on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Teresa on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!