“Herbaceous.” That’s how this week’s French Fridays with Dorie dish (“Green as spring” veal stew, p 262) was described by one of our guests last weekend who was treated to an “experimental” (as in, I’d never made 90% of the dishes we served!) dinner party. What’s that you say – you serve food at dinner […]
If you read my blog way back in 2011, you might remember that Neil and I took part in Charcutepalooza – a group of bloggers working their way through Michael Ruhlman’s “Charcuterie” book. You might remember that time I tried to grind meat without the blade in the meat grinder. Or the sausage stuffing extravaganza. […]
Believe it or not, I barely made any changes to this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Veal Chops with Rosemary Butter, p268). It looked like a simple dish and who am I to mess with simple flavours, especially when they are Dorie-approved. As she says, you don’t have to do much to make a […]
What to write, what to write? It’s the final Charcutepalooza challenge. Ever. I can hardly believe it! Who would have thought a year ago that Neil and I would be hosting an all-meat luncheon for 7 people featuring meat we cured, smoked, ground, packed and blended ourselves? Certainly not me. It says a lot about […]
This month’s Charcutepalooza challenge forced Ethan to move to Toronto just so he could help out And thank goodness because it really does take three people to stuff a sausage. Seriously. Throughout the whole time (hours!) that Ethan, Mr Neil and I were stuffing sausages, we were wondering how we would have done this alone. […]
what are you looking for?
- Lauren Ruben on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Michele on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Melinda on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- KathleenBee on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Victoria Morton on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!