I’m back with my second post investigating some more of the flavour combinations from the McCormick Flavor Forecast 2012. Last time, I was inspired by the trends presented in the report to create my own flavour combination and ended up with Coconut-chili butternut squash soup, so this time I decided to investigate some of the […]
Merry Christmas! As you read this, you’ll be hoping that Neil and I arrived in Vancouver in one piece, having had to take four different flights (2 each, so separate) to get there, despite the fact that we booked these flights over 9 months ago. And to think we thought Christmas Day would be a […]
This month’s Mactweets theme is one of Seasons and Holidays and I am fortunate that during the last class I taught at Le Dolci, I came up with this happy accident of a macaron – pumpkin pie flavoured They were such a hit that I will be making them again for the seasonal classes in […]
I’m back! Yes, it’s been a while since I made macarons for Mactweets… Not that macarons have not been a huge part of my life in the last few months – you know, eating and making them in Paris and teaching my very first macaron class here in Toronto. But I have missed all the […]
Yes it’s true, I am becoming a little braver. After cracking the secret to nearly no-fail macarons (thanks to Stella, aka The Brave Tart), I branched out with some peanut shells last month. I wasn’t able to master the 100% peanut shell and ended up using some almond flour as well but I was pretty […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month