It’s Dorie Greenspan‘s birthday today and the folks from French Fridays with Dorie and Tuesdays with Dorie are celebrating by baking and cooking up a storm in Dorie’s honour. I couldn’t think of a better French treat to bake for Dorie than macarons – chocolate and, as a nod to the season, pumpkin spice. But […]
Right, so macarons. I guess you could say I know how to make them. They mostly turn out (although I have a new oven so I am learning my recipes all over again – more on that soon). And when I teach classes, people often ask me “What’s Level 2?” Typically my response will be […]
It seems the stars were colliding recently and sending me a pretty strong message that I needed to bake some more macarons. First of all, on my recent trip to New York in March Break (I didn’t blog about this but you can check out some of my photos over on Flickr), I attended a […]
It’s nearly that day again – Jour du Macaron or Macaron Day – March 20th 2013! You might remember how much fun I had last March touring the majority of the participating bakeries for the first edition of Macaron Day Toronto (and getting a huge sugar rush!) – well this year, I’ll be doing it […]
Last month, I had the chance to preview The McCormick Flavor Forecast for 2013. In that post I mentioned I was interested in looking further at the Global My Way and Empowered Eating trends, and those will certainly be important avenues for me to investigate this year. These two ideas are more than “trends” for […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Carol M on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Carol M on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Amy Andrews on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!