I made this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Chicken, apples and cream à la Normande, p 218) last weekend and it was so delicious that I KNEW I had to try it out with my Petits Chefs (on the heels of their successful foray into The Smitten Kitchen). It’s a simple dish – pan […]
We were thrilled to welcome Emily Richards into the Petits Chefs kitchen lab this week. She is a highly experienced and well-regarded Professional Home Economist with extensive know-how in the food industry, strengthened by her Bachelor of Science, Home Economics specializing in Food and Nutrition from the University of Western Ontario and over 15 years […]
One of the first things I thought as I leafed through my copy of The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook was how much my Petits Chefs would enjoy many of the dishes. Uncomplicated in their preparation, yet sophisticated and delicious in taste, the dishes in this cookbook form part of a very very long “want to make” […]
See that up there ^^^ ? It’s melon caviar, yoghurt sheets, carbonated strawberries, cranberry snow and chocolate micro sponge - made by a bunch of 10-13 year old boys. Awesome stuff, huh? Yes, this week Les Petits Chefs really got to see the marriage of science and cooking (perfect since we work out of the […]
You just know it’s going to be a crazy week when you start out with sprinkles, chocolate, buttercream and cake. And when you add Barb Accogli of Cake Star to the mix, well you know it’s going to be delicious and pretty as well as a little bit crazy ;) I first met Barb and […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote