Aren’t these amazing? Gorgeous, puff pastry apple tarts made by boys aged 10 – 13 in just under an hour! Cool, huh? Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while will know that I don’t think kids necessarily need their own special cookbooks – just some well-written recipes which teach them […]
If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you’ll know that I don’t shy away from thinking big when it comes to cooking with kids. We don’t use kids’ cookbooks and we don’t make “quick and easy” dishes all the time. In fact, most of the time And a lot of the time, Les […]
Healthy snacking. It IS possible and you CAN make your snacks from scratch, cheaper and healthier than store-bought versions. That was the lesson I wanted to teach Les Petits Chefs this week – inspired by this article by Ren Behan over on JamieOliver.com about bread, pizza and pasta with kids. Ever since I read her […]
It’s not often the Petits Chefs get to make sweet treats “just because” but I felt that this week, I owed it to their mums to show them how to make awesome cupcakes from scratch, in the hopes that some of the boys might use our day off tomorrow to whip up a batch as […]
Food is community. When we think about making a meal, it’s generally to share with others and something I am always happy to hear from the parents of my Petits Chefs is that the boys want to cook with their parents at home – that sharing component is so important when it comes to food […]
what are you looking for?
- Janet Butler on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Christina D on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Paula on What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)