Last week in cooking club, my petits chefs helped me test one more recipe from my generous IFBC sponsor, USA Rice. I had been intrigued by the “Bountiful Brown Rice Muffins” ever since I saw the recipe and since I am always looking for healthy recipes the boys might be able (and want) to make […]
Those of you who read this blog regularly will know that I am fortunate to have been able to obtain sponsors whose generosity allowed me to attend IFBC in Seattle this past August. I’ve been wanting to get to work on some USA Rice recipes for a while now and last week, I decided why […]
I decided to treat the boys to some (healthy – sssssh!) junk food last week and you should have seen (and heard!) the reaction when I told them we were making chicken fingers… This is one of the dishes the boys absolutely adore when it’s served at lunch (our lunch version is made with flax […]
Last week, Les Petits Chefs tried something a little different – granola! As a teacher, I know the importance of a healthy breakfast (wait, that sounds a little too much like the Nutella commercial doesn’t it?) and I can totally tell when my students don’t eat breakfast or have something insubstantial – by about 9am […]
Last week we had a small crew of Petits Chefs due to a change in schedule but we went ahead and made a quick and easy dinner dish that the boys were delighted with – mac and cheese (sneaking in the high fibre with whole grain pasta and cauliflower!). It was a super easy recipe, […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month