The delicious and very pretty Mok Pa that we made in Luang Prabang, Laos at the Tamarind Restaurant’s Riverside Cooking Class was features on Food with Style the other day. Check it out here.
Our Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24 event was inspired by our recent trip to Laos. We had the idea of sharing our culinary adventures at Tamarind Restaurant‘s cooking school with some friends by recreating the experience in our tiny Toronto kitchen and/ or backyard, weather cooperating. If you have been following the blog, you will have […]
If you didn’t already figure out from the last few posts about Laos what we might be doing for our Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24 dinner tonight, here’s one last hint… Be sure to check in tomorrow (well, maybe not too early!) to find out how it all went!
The third and final instalment of the story of our cooking class run by Tamarind restaurant in Luang Prabang, Laos. You can read the first instalment here and the second here! The last savoury dish we attempted was Orlam (Luang Prabang stew). According to Joy, the chef at Tamarind, this used to be a simple, […]
Continuing the story of our culinary adventures at Tamarind Restaurant’s cooking class in Luang Prabang, Laos, after making sticky rice and Lao “dips”, we started work on a classic Lao dish – Mok Pa (fish steamed in banana leaf). Here’s the recipe for four people: Ingredients Sticky rice powder5 shallots3 cloves garlic1 chili (or to […]
what are you looking for?
- Candy (Dulce) on French Fridays with Dorie: Pork roulade with mangoes (not lychees)
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Pork roulade with mangoes (not lychees)
- Betsy on French Fridays with Dorie: Pork roulade with mangoes (not lychees)
- 12 Must Visit Places For Your Purr-fectly Relaxing Cat-Themed Vacation. | Gized.com on (Travel Tuesday) The cats of Inle Lake (Burma)
- Cathleen | My Culinary Mission on Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Limoncello cupcakes