Nope, it’s just some of the more “interesting” aisles (at least to my Western eyes) of the morning market in Luang Prabang, Laos. Our day at the Tamarind Restaurant Riverside cooking class began with a trip to the market and for your viewing pleasure today, I present you with pictures that I took even though […]
What would a trip to Laos be without a boat ride on the Mekong? Well we got more than our fair share of the Mekong, since heavy rains washed out part of the road we were supposed to take to Hinboun and we ended up stopping at a random village, wading through what seemed like […]
Ok, I have to admit I am not a big fan of processed rice cakes so when we had the opportunity to see the real thing being made in Laos this summer, we were very excited. I am not sure what happens in the Quaker factory but the ones you buy taste so… well… artificial. […]
When we were in Laos we saw all sorts of interesting snack foods and nothing like what you see people munching on in the street back at home. These intrigued me: They’re actually lotus flower pods and you break them apart to eat the pea/edamame tasting interior beans (seeds?): Lots of snack food is served […]
Ok, so you’ve all read how much I loved the deep fried river weed in Vientiane and Luang Prabang (twice!) right? Well when I read that there was a restaurant in Vang Vieng serving deep fried MULBERRY leaves, how could I resist??? That’s right, the Vang Vieng Organic Farm grows mulberry trees, according to their […]
what are you looking for?
- Christina D on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Paula on What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- S on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Diane Zwang on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)