Lamb. It’s the stuff of my childhood in Australia. We often had “chops or sausages” for dinner when I was growing up. The chops were ALWAYS lamb chops. Loved them. It’s a flavour that always brings me back to simpler times of “meat and three veg” and when I cook lamb nowadays, I’m drawn to […]
It’s a very seasonal French Fridays with Dorie (at least for those of us in snowy Toronto today!) – a tagine is the ultimate comfort food. This version from Dorie combines a spice blend that’s reminiscent of Morocco, yet Dorie says: “I don’t think there’s very much that’s authentic in this recipe, which was given to me by a […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was an easy one that will become a part of our winter repertoire. We both love lamb so were happy to see braised cardamom curry lamb on the menu this week. As with most braised dishes, it’s one that isn’t difficult – the hardest part is in the […]
See that little metal thing up there? ^^ Yes, that’s the blade for your Kitchen Aid meat grinder attachment. Don’t try to grind meat without it. Ahem. This, my friends, is the lesson I have learned from this month’s Charcutepalooza challenge – meat grinding. I know, I know, I sound like a complete idiot but […]
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Rose Hibiscus Shortbread Fans
- French Fridays: Merveilleux from My Paris Kitchen
- In the French kitchen with kids: Les Petits Chefs perfect mixed berry galettes!
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Sunday in Paris chocolate cake
- Giveaway: Where to Go When (Canada) (CLOSED)