See that up there? Chicken chow mein, From scratch. Made by 7-9 year-old boys. In a science lab. In an hour. A series of statements that 3 years ago I would never have imagined I would be writing about. When I started my boys’ cooking club back in Term 2 of 2010, I figured it […]
Yes this term with Les Petits Chefs, we’re cooking the books! You all know I feel kids don’t need their own cookbooks and that I believe they can cook from any cookbook given the right guidance so after working with a recipe from The Smitten Kitchen and with a Dorie Greenspan recipe, I wanted […]
Leading up to Food Revolution Day on Saturday, May 19th, it was a big week for “passing it on” for me. First, I led a cooking class where 20 boys taught their parents how to cook a Jamie Oliver dish from scratch (with a LOT of help from friends and colleagues). Then I had the […]
“Why is Mlle Michels under the table?” I hear one of the boys asking… It’s 7.00pm on Tuesday May 15th 2012. I am scrambling about on the floor of the school dining hall, trying to figure out how to connect 20 individual hot plates to a few different circuit breakers so they won’t simultaneously shut […]
If you’ve read my blog for a while now, you’ll know how important my boys cooking club, Les Petits Chefs, is to me. As an adult and an educator, I feel a great sense of responsibility to pass on my knowledge of from-scratch cooking to my students along with a little education about healthy food […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs make chicken and shrimp potstickers with Vanessa Yeung
- Graham on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect