“Why is Mlle Michels under the table?” I hear one of the boys asking… It’s 7.00pm on Tuesday May 15th 2012. I am scrambling about on the floor of the school dining hall, trying to figure out how to connect 20 individual hot plates to a few different circuit breakers so they won’t simultaneously shut […]
If you’ve read my blog for a while now, you’ll know how important my boys cooking club, Les Petits Chefs, is to me. As an adult and an educator, I feel a great sense of responsibility to pass on my knowledge of from-scratch cooking to my students along with a little education about healthy food […]
See that, up there ^^^ ? Those are little boys’ hands, dipping into the baby spinach. Not to cook with but to snack on. I KNOW! It’s a wonder I managed to even get this on camera, I was so shocked!! This week, Les Petits Chefs tackled Jamie Oliver’s Rogan Josh curry from Meals in […]
A lil ambitious this week, I was. After a 2 week hiatus from Les Petits Chefs due to illness then mid-term break, I had forgotten how long things take with 10 little boys in a science lab! I chose 2/3 items from a complete menu this week – tomato soup with chunky croutons and sticky […]
This week, I went out on a limb… with vegetables. I know, I know, what was I thinking? 12 little boys and a veggie lasagne with nary a tomato in sight!! For sure I knew that many of the boys wouldn’t eat beyond a spoonful of this but it’s all about the experience of cooking […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Mardi Michels on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Diane Balch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- yummychunklet on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Cher on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!