This is the fifth in a series chronicling my adventures in the kitchen with my cooking club at school – Les Petits Chefs. We had been using using recipes from the book C is for cooking, which I received for review but this week, since it is this particular group’s last session, I thought I […]
Biscotti Quadrati al Miele e alle Noci For crust 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 2 tablespoons sugar 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 stick (1/2 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 1 large egg, lightly beaten For topping 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon mild honey 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar 1/8 […]
Aren’t you all in the mood for some comfort food in the midst of deepest darkest January? This past weekend, we were, but lingering in our minds were the not-so-distant memories of indulgences past (i.e. France) so when I was looking for a submission for February’s Gourmet Unbound roundup, I was intrigued by the sound […]
Gourmet Unbound is a group of bloggers saddened at the demise of the magazine who have banded together to keep the spirit of Gourmet alive. You can read about the project here but basically you choose a recipe from any year of Gourmet magazine for the month ahead, make it and post it by the […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: One day in Toulouse in August – ideas for food enthusiasts!
- Back to reality: A fresh lunchbox idea
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos
- French Fridays: Cherry tomato crostini with homemade herbed goat cheese from My Paris Kitchen