All right, all right, I’ve been in Paris nearly 2 weeks now and not a single post yet about being here? Well, I’ve been busy eating bonbons and drinking champagne working you know! And you can always follow me on Twitter, Flickr or Instagram to check out what I am up to daily. I have […]
In French, it’s known as tarte flambée, in Alsatian it’s flammekueche, in German flammkuchen. Whatever you call it, it’s mouthwateringly good and we enjoyed a number of these last summer when we spent a week in Colmar in Alsace. Basically, it’s a VERY thin crust pizza topped with lardons (bacon strips), white onions and a […]
Today I am welcoming the lovely Jill Colonna, author of Mad about Macarons. I met up with her in Paris this summer for a delightful afternoon of tasty treats and non-stop chatter! When Mardi asked me to guest post on her blog, I was so excited. Imagine being asked to do something for eat. live. […]
As soon as I knew that my teaching schedule in Paris this summer would allow me a luxurious and very welcome 2 weeks to myself, I immediately started Googling “cours de cuisine Paris” to see what classes I could take during that time. Having been hooked 2 years ago by the Lenôtre macaron class and […]
Yes, I ate some macarons last month in Paris. And made them too. So many in fact that I believe I went into a state that I am going to call “macaron fatigue”. Yes, folks, it is possible. However, now I’ve been removed from them for a while, I feel ready to look at my […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month