If David Lebovitz likes it, you pretty much can’t go wrong, that’s my line of thinking. On our way back from Brittany, we had one short afternoon in Paris and Alicia had been hankering for a meal at Café des Musées, upon the recommendation of a friend (well, and Mr Lebovitz!). It’s a simple neighbourhood […]
We totally knew, going to Brittany over Christmas/New Year, that a lot of tourist attractions would be “fermé“. Goes with the holiday territory, right? We were just happy to be in France, eating French food, shopping at French supermarkets etc… On our way home, we had an overnight stay at the airport as the Air […]
When I knew we were going to be in Dinan over New Year, I immediately started hunting about for places for a “nice meal out”. Our rental house had a great kitchen and we planned on eating in a fair number of nights also, you know, since the food in French supermarkets is amazing, we […]
Chartres, about 80km south-west of Paris was (sort of) on the way to Dinan so we thought we would take advantage of having the car to take a detour there. The cathedral is considered one of the finest examples in France of Gothic architecture. Surrounded by a maze (literally) of tiny one way streets which […]
We spend a lot of time in cafés when we’re in France. I love the fact that you can get a hot drink… or something stronger And I particularly love that you can enjoy your morning coffee with your best friend… It’s just so… civilised.
what are you looking for?
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Pork roulade with mangoes (not lychees)
- Tricia on French Fridays with Dorie: Pork roulade with mangoes (not lychees)
- Carlene on Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Limoncello cupcakes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Pork roulade with mangoes (not lychees)
- Nana on French Fridays with Dorie: Pork roulade with mangoes (not lychees)