We totally knew, going to Brittany over Christmas/New Year, that a lot of tourist attractions would be “fermé“. Goes with the holiday territory, right? We were just happy to be in France, eating French food, shopping at French supermarkets etc… On our way home, we had an overnight stay at the airport as the Air […]
When I knew we were going to be in Dinan over New Year, I immediately started hunting about for places for a “nice meal out”. Our rental house had a great kitchen and we planned on eating in a fair number of nights also, you know, since the food in French supermarkets is amazing, we […]
Chartres, about 80km south-west of Paris was (sort of) on the way to Dinan so we thought we would take advantage of having the car to take a detour there. The cathedral is considered one of the finest examples in France of Gothic architecture. Surrounded by a maze (literally) of tiny one way streets which […]
We spend a lot of time in cafés when we’re in France. I love the fact that you can get a hot drink… or something stronger And I particularly love that you can enjoy your morning coffee with your best friend… It’s just so… civilised.
As those of you who read my blog regularly know, I love receiving mail, specifically parcels containing food! That would be why I joined the foodie exchange group. Don’t know what that is? Head on over here and check it out. Don’t be shy – sign up!!! (image courtesy freefoto.com) Remember when I received my […]
what are you looking for?
- Les Petits Chefs make rough puff pastry and simple apple tartelettes from Pâtisserie Made Simple
- Pumpkin chocolate chip blondies (and a Butter Baked Goods giveaway!)
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Cranberry crackle tart
- What’s cooking? Cranberry-coconut chocolate cream cheese truffles
- Food Revolution Ambassador Monthly Challenge for November 2014: Slow cooker curried squash soup and Naan
- Isabelle @ Crumb on Pumpkin chocolate chip blondies (and a Butter Baked Goods giveaway!)
- Janice @Kitchen Heals Soul on French Fridays with Dorie: Pan-seared duck breasts with kumquats
- Teresa on Les Petits Chefs make rough puff pastry and simple apple tartelettes from Pâtisserie Made Simple
- Teresa on Pumpkin chocolate chip blondies (and a Butter Baked Goods giveaway!)
- Lois Alexander on Pumpkin chocolate chip blondies (and a Butter Baked Goods giveaway!)