The delicious stuffed lemongrass from our Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24 dinner was featured here on the wonderful eye candy Food with Style website the other day! Be sure to pay it a visit – it’s a fabulous site!
Our Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24 event was inspired by our recent trip to Laos. We had the idea of sharing our culinary adventures at Tamarind Restaurant‘s cooking school with some friends by recreating the experience in our tiny Toronto kitchen and/ or backyard, weather cooperating. If you have been following the blog, you will have […]
If you didn’t already figure out from the last few posts about Laos what we might be doing for our Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24 dinner tonight, here’s one last hint… Be sure to check in tomorrow (well, maybe not too early!) to find out how it all went!
The third and final instalment of the story of our cooking class run by Tamarind restaurant in Luang Prabang, Laos. You can read the first instalment here and the second here! The last savoury dish we attempted was Orlam (Luang Prabang stew). According to Joy, the chef at Tamarind, this used to be a simple, […]
Continuing the story of our culinary adventures at Tamarind Restaurant’s cooking class in Luang Prabang, Laos, after making sticky rice and Lao “dips”, we started work on a classic Lao dish – Mok Pa (fish steamed in banana leaf). Here’s the recipe for four people: Ingredients Sticky rice powder5 shallots3 cloves garlic1 chili (or to […]
what are you looking for?
- Jill Colonna on Vegetarian hors d’oeuvres for holiday entertaining
- Diane Zwang on French Fridays with Dorie: Orange and olive salad
- Bourbon Blondies with Pecans and Chocolate - The Messy Baker on Top tips for entertaining from “Gatherings”
- Katie on French Fridays with Dorie: Orange and olive salad
- La Cuisine d'Helene on What’s cooking? Holiday shortbread cookies