See that up there? Chicken chow mein, From scratch. Made by 7-9 year-old boys. In a science lab. In an hour. A series of statements that 3 years ago I would never have imagined I would be writing about. When I started my boys’ cooking club back in Term 2 of 2010, I figured it […]
Leading up to Food Revolution Day on Saturday, May 19th, it was a big week for “passing it on” for me. First, I led a cooking class where 20 boys taught their parents how to cook a Jamie Oliver dish from scratch (with a LOT of help from friends and colleagues). Then I had the […]
“Why is Mlle Michels under the table?” I hear one of the boys asking… It’s 7.00pm on Tuesday May 15th 2012. I am scrambling about on the floor of the school dining hall, trying to figure out how to connect 20 individual hot plates to a few different circuit breakers so they won’t simultaneously shut […]
If you’ve read my blog for a while now, you’ll know how important my boys cooking club, Les Petits Chefs, is to me. As an adult and an educator, I feel a great sense of responsibility to pass on my knowledge of from-scratch cooking to my students along with a little education about healthy food […]
I know, I know, TWO Petits Chefs posts in the space of days. But I wanted to take this opportunity to talk a little but about why I decided to start the cooking club in the first place. Last November, I heard Jamie Oliver speak in Toronto (I wrote about it here), mainly about his […]
what are you looking for?
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Christina D on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Paula on What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- S on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)