It’s my first “French Friday with Dorie” in Paris. One that I have cooked in my tiny tiny kitchen. I mean, it’s REALLY TINY. About 90cm across. See. Not exactly a cook’s dream but hey, it’s in Paris, right? Beggars can’t be choosers. The apartment has a quiet bedroom and wonderful light. And, it’s in […]
When I saw this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe involved beets I wasn’t too excited. Beets and I have a love-hate relationship, starting with hate when I was very young and the only beets I ever knew were from a can. Eew! I have had some spectacular beets in the past year or so, […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe is exactly the sort of thing I look forward to eating more of when I head to Paris for a month next week. When I lived there as a poor student (then a poor teacher, LOL!) I would often eat mozzarella and tomato salad for my dinner, washed […]
I’m probably going to be banned from the food blogging world for saying this but I am not a fan of rhubarb. My earliest memory of it is “stewed” in ice-cream at my nana’s house and I found it tart and unpalatable, mostly for its mushy texture. Over the past few weeks, I have seen […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe – Cola and Jam Spareribs (p 280) – was one I approached with some trepidation. Firstly, the only ribs I *really* like are Dorie’s beef short ribs – pork spareribs are not my favourite – plus, Coke and apricot jam? Supposing that Dorie knows much more what she […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month