(aka: (Not) mussels and chorizo) It’s a quick French Fridays with Dorie post this week. Many of you know that I was quite ill last weekend and I am still only eating very plain food. So the thought of Mussels and Chorizo (page 316) didn’t exactly thrill me. In fact, it didn’t really thrill me […]
How excited was I to see Dorie’s Nutella Tartine (p 414-415) listed as this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe? Pretty excited that’s for sure! Apart from the fact that I have already made it and absolutely loved it, I just happened to have a gorgeous loaf of white bread on hand from this week’s […]
Another super simple French Fridays with Dorie. This week. Not that I am complaining, mind you ;) A Gorgonzola apple quiche (p 157) – the perfect combination of sweet and salty and savoury with a buttery crust (yes, I made it from scratch!). The dough does need to rest for 3+ hours in the fridge […]
This Friday’s French Fridays with Dorie will be short and sweet. Broth Braised potatoes (page 358) is what I generally do when I boil new potatoes anyway – instead of using plain water, these potatoes are boiled in a broth, enhanced with garlic, lemon zest, bay leaves, rosemary, sage and thyme. A couple of simple […]
With only four ingredients (in equal quantities of each), this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (p 434) was a cinch to whip up. “Quatre quarts” – four quarters in French – is a French version of the traditional pound cake. Of course, it being January and all, I didn’t think Neil and I needed […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- S on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Diane Zwang on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Betsy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- nicolthepickle on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)
- French Fridays with Dorie: French Lentils