This week’s French Fridays with Dorie introduced me to cocoa sablés (pp 402-403) – basically a chocolate shortbread, studded with finely chopped dark chocolate. It’s buttery and melts in your mouth, even cut thick like Dorie suggests (she calls them “substantial”), though she does say that if you cut them thinner, you can make ice […]
Dorie warns us that “the drama is fleeting” with this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe – cheese soufflé (pp 150 – 151). I know this about soufflés, I mean who doesn’t? As per my usual modus operandi, I down sized the recipe to what I thought would make two tiny soufflés – one for […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe – Saint Germain des Prés onion biscuits – was clearly not meant to be. Unless, of course you live in Australia where the above ^^^^^ is a perfectly acceptable rendition of what one might consider a “biscuit”. However, Dorie was not referring to what North Americans might call […]
Oh look, another French Fridays with Dorie with fish… Specifically, salmon which is the fish I like least. But no matter. In the interests of the Dorie mission, I went ahead and made this Roasted Salmon with Lentils (pp 300-301) anyway, knowing that Neil and Cleo would enjoy the fish and I would enjoy the […]
I was very happy this week to see the French Fridays with Dorie recipe was cheese-topped onion soup (pp 56-57). Not only because I love a good French onion soup but because I know how good it is – I’ve made it before. In fact, I made it the very first week of FFWD when […]
what are you looking for?
- Teresa on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Betsy on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Tricia on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Sarah on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Happy Birthday, Dorie! A French Fridays Celebration | One Wet Foot on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!