This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (David’s seaweed sablés, p 14) was a surprise hit. Knowing it was a David Lebovitz recipe adapted by Dorie, I had no doubt the recipe would work, but just wasn’t sure about the combination of the sweet and salty with seaweed. In a shortbread cookie. I mean, I […]
It’s a testament to how busy I have been in the past couple of weeks that I can barely remember making, photographing and eating this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Lime Honey Beet Salad, p 121). I have a vague recollection of roasting beets very late one evening and peeling them very early the […]
Sorry folks. This one just was not a winner for me. I mean, I like olive oil. I like ice cream. I even like olive oil drizzled on ice cream with a sprinkle of salt. But olive oil IN my ice cream? Not so much. Uh huh, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (olive […]
Errr… ok. This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe is very much an “interpretation” of the recipe in question (Lentil, lemon and tuna salad, p 140). Not only do I absolutely not eat tuna (and I wasn’t sure Neil would be sharing this with me), but when I came to the recipe, all smug-like that […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe – Lyonnaise Garlic and Herb Cheese – aka Boursin’s mama – (p 20) was one I had been looking forward to. I love Boursin so the idea of making my own was pretty darned appealing. This version – cervelle de canut (or silk weavers’ brains) is part dip, […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month