Blog-checking lines: Jenn and Jill have challenged The Daring Cooks to learn to perfect the technique of poaching an egg. I am a little embarrassed to admit that I have never poached an egg. Oh, sure, I have one of those microwave egg poachers but that’s not the real deal, right? Neil is the expert [...]
For this month’s International Incident Party, Penny challenged us to work with eggs. I have to admit this had me scratching my head as there are simply so many possibilities – sweet or savoury, I couldn’t decide. What I *really* wanted to do was a soufflé but circumstances (including my blasted hand that is *still* [...]
Basic Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients: • 3/4 cup clarified butter (warm) • 4 egg yolks • Juice from 1 large lemon • sea salt, to taste Method: Whisk the egg yolks in a stainless steel bowl for a couple of minutes, until the it is light and foamy (note: my yolks were so thick they never [...]
what are you looking for?
- Mardi Michels on Love your lentils
- jora on It’s a French Food Revolution Friday: Les Petits Chefs bake madeleines
- Mandy de Roo: Traveling, Food, Lifestyle and More on Love your lentils
- Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on It’s a French Food Revolution Friday: Les Petits Chefs bake madeleines
- Carol Harrison on eat. live. travel. write. turns FOUR!