Am in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, to give a teacher training workshop tomorrow. Never mind the $45 budget I have for dinner, all that was on offer was Subway. Not necessarily bad, actually a good “fast food” choice. Of course I stopped by the liquor store to tart this meal up a bit… But the […]
Cleo really is a huge part of our lives and just like her mum and dad, she loves all things food and drink related (especially people food and drink) as well as a nap every now and then. She actually had her own blog a couple of years ago when I was in Paris for […]
Number 1 in what is sure to be a recurring series…. Inspired by David Lebovitz’ recent post, here’s my list of things I love about Paris: 1. The bread. I am not a big bread eater here in Canada but I DO enjoy a freshly baked baguette. Especially when it’s delivered to the apartment by […]
(this is based on an assignment I wrote for my Food Writing class at George Brown College in Toronto) It’s green. You mum told you it’s good for you. Popeye swore by it. And all of a sudden it’s everywhere. All over food blog land, spinach is popping up as a popular ingredient somewhere you […]
A grey Monday presented us with a couple of options – shopping or perhaps venturing further afar. Since this was supposed to be the “budget” version of a week in New York (Hmm, now I seem to have forgotten to mention those shoes I bought on Sunday, right – but reduced from $175 to $49 […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Travel Tuesday: some of my Montreal sweet spots
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Carol M on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Carol M on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Amy Andrews on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!